The introduction of folding/sliding doors into the UK conservatory market is adding further benefits to those already enjoyed by homeowners with a conservatory. In place of the single leaf or double door set – with obvious width restrictions – consumers can now buy the much wider ‘bi-fold’ type doors that essentially open up a whole side of a conservatory.
To enable the confident use of these sliding/folding doors, Ultraframe has introduced a new ‘Super Duty’ aluminium eaves beam which allows additional span widths before a goalpost arrangement ‘kicks in’.
If you require extra wide openings – beyond the span capabilities of the Super Duty eaves beam - Ultraframe can design, structurally prove, fabricate and powder coat a custom support arrangement that meets your exact needs.
For further help with this option please call 0870 414 1002. The Super Duty eaves beam allows confident specification of folding/sliding doors (or indeed any type of opening such as in-line sliders where additional spanning performance is needed).
- This beam comprises a structural ‘beefier’ aluminium profile that uses existing uPVC components to clad and cap for optimum performance.
- It sits 38mm taller than the standard eaves beam (remember this when calculating overall ridge heights). Be aware, especially where height is critical, such as where windows above may foul or overhanging bungalow fascias.
- This needs to be specified all the way around the nominated conservatory and NOT simply on the facet into which the doors are to be fitted (this is critical when calculating the uplift price).
- Readily interfaces with box gutters and Gable Support Beam, to offer maximum integration and configurability.
- Can be specified at pitches from 5-40° and in all existing Ultraframe Classic colours.
- Span charts need to be studied carefully BEFORE conservatory selling and design starts. The elevation into which the doors are to be fitted, the style of conservatory and the ‘span onto’ dimension all affect the maximum allowable width of opening when using the Super Duty eaves beam.
- If your conservatory design requires an opening width greater than that which can be offered with the Super Duty eaves beam, then a portal/goalpost arrangement will be needed – please call 0870 414 1002 if you need a custom solution.