The Original and Most Loved Glass Conservatory Roof
Developed over 30 years and engineered to postcode, the Classic conservatory roofing system provides high quality, reliability, and is highly configurable making it the go-to solution for every conceivable glass conservatory roof design.
Ultraframe's specialist software engineers every critical element of the roof to withstand wind the most extreme wind and snow loads that are specific to the installation postcode.
Manufactured in Britain, the Classic roof is fully BBA approved with over 1.5million roofs installed throughout the UK over the past 35 years.
Patented chambered top caps combined with twinbolts and the sturdiest, most durable gaskets and glazing stops ensures the roof can withstand winds up to 130mph.
Pitches available from 2.5° to 40.9°, variable ridges and portal systems also means the Classic roof is configurable to almost any size and shape.
Compatible with Ultraframe's insulated pelmet, cornice and super-insulated columns and available in any colour and an unrivalled range of glazing options.
Ultraframe's patented adjustable speedlocks optimise glazing bar compression and make the roof simple to fit ensuring a fast fit, first time, every time.
Watertight in winds up to 130mph:
- Triple layer storm shield protection at radius end.
- Unique top caps and adjustable speedlocks designed to optimise glazing bar compression.
- Sturdiest, most durable gaskets and glazing stops
The original and most loved glazed roof:
- Over 1.5 millions roofs installed.
- The first roofing system to be approved by BBA.
- Made in Britain for over 35 years.
The simplest and most intuitive roof to fit:
- Click-fit speedlocks and top-caps.
- Loaded with features for a fast fit, first time, every time.
- No cutting or drilling on site.
- Comprehensive installation guides and videos.
The only roof engineered to postcode:
- NASA satellite data used to precision engineer every roof for wind and snow loads.
- Wind tested to withstand to hurricane winds up to 130mph.
- Super strong eaves beam, ridge, valley and jack rafter.
The most configurable roofing system available:
- Low pitch eaves beam and variable ridges for pitches from 2.5° to 44°.
- Advanced software to instantly validate structural requirements of any large shape and complex designs.
- Integrated structural solutions for large spans of bi-folding doors.
The most configurable roofing system available:
- Add shape and elegance externally with a choice of 4 unique Cornices.
- Create thermally efficient, cosy and stylish rooms with insulated pelmets and columns.
- Bespoke colours in painted aluminium or foiled finishes.
- Finials and crestings to suit all tastes and budgets.
HIGH STRENGTH EAVES BEAM SUITE
A range of high strength eaves beams are available to allow confident specification when additional spanning performance is required to meet evolving consumer demands for larger glass sizes and door spans.
As well as providing incredible strength, the suite of bolstered eaves profiles offer cost saving opportunities - the combined bolster can span up to 5 metres without the need for any additional costly steels.
A structural goalpost is integrated into the Classic Roof to allow large openings up to 6.5m* to be created for bi-fold or sliding doors.
The goalpost consists of 2 or 3 vertical aluminium posts and horizontal spanning beam and is hidden within the super-insulated columns or brick columns and internal pelmet so that the support structure is invisible within the finished room.
*Detailed span charts are provided in the Goalpost technical guide.
- 1 Barbs on uPVC top cap are retained inside aluminium structure - enhanced security, will not lossen on expansion.
- 2 High strength twin wall chambered top cap offers improved thermal performance and reduced risk of condensation.
- 3 Optional chambered top cap (choice of 2) resists bowing and twisting.
- 4 Multi chamber 'wine glass' shape aluminium offers more torsional rigidity and solid, secure jack rafter connections.
- 5 10mm TPE hidden flipper gasket - adjusts to tolerance in the glazing material.
- 6 Security of 2 bolts per position - fixed bolt position resists bar slippage.
- 7 Choose from plain or sculptured undercladding
Strength Warmth & Maximum Light
- 1 The Classic ridge has a pitch range of 15 to 40 degrees.
- 2 Speed lock pin points exact location of transom bars delivering consistent fixing points during the on site assembly process to guarantee performance.
- 3 Right first time fixing of transom bars delivers secure and safe attachment.
- 4 Weathering Hub offers ultimate protection from wind and rain with no leaks!
- 5 All glazing bars are perfectly seated on level glazing planes ensuring maximum contact of rubber weather seals onto the glazing and millimetre perfect glazing sizes.
CLASSIC SLIMLINE RIDGE
Classic’s slimline ridge brings the system’s looks bang up to date and is perfect for any contemporary conservatory.
Available on fixed 25° Georgian and 25° double-ended Georgians in either uPVC or aluminium externally, the ultra slim ridge has a minimalist, modern look and does not feature the usual Classic radius end but has a neat lantern style ridge end instead.
To enable a conservatory to be used all year round, a glazing material must be selected that deflects heat from the sun in the Summer and retains the warmth from heating appliances in the Winter. Also needed is a material that allows maximum light into your home.
- Our sealed units offer a range of performance attributes - perfect for roofs
- All roof units use toughened safety glass: 4mm glass - 16mm Argon filled cavity - 4mm glass with black warm edge spacer as standard.
- All roof units are manufactured in specialist roof glass factories and are guaranteed for 10 years.
- All glazing specifications are true ‘self-cleaning’ and offer a range of solar control properties.
GLAZING BAR ANCHOR CLIPS
A natural characteristic of a roof consisting of an aluminium core with PVCu top caps is differing expansion and contraction. We provide a tried, tested and patented solution to give long term peace of mind to maintain the critical weather tight seal.
Although vital to the maintenance of a comfortable environment, ventilation is often overlooked by both consumers and manufacturers. We remain the only conservatory roof brand to provide built trickle ventilation as standard.
TIE BAR REPLACEMENT KIT (TBRK)
The tie bar replacement kit features new state-of-the-art technology and is the UK’s only effective solution to traditional tie bars.
An aluminium bolster beam extends along the entire length of the ridge and acts as one with the existing aluminium ridge body to virtually eliminate deflection.
Combining state-of-the-art design technologies of the Classic Roof system, Classic Aluminium provides slimline, contemporary profiles to provide a strong, rigid yet lightweight system that can be configured into virtually any roof design.
Unrivalled choice of colour
The Ultraframe Classic aluminium roof is available in a wide range of RAL specified, painted colours. Choose a traditional white colour or break the mould with a contemporary grey or black roof.
Virtually any other colour you can imagine can be matched using the RAL colour system.
Bespoke Colours Available On Order.
Insulated Internal Pelmet
The insulated internal pelmet is the best of both worlds, combining the light and sky views of a conservatory with the walls and ceiling of an extension ensuring your new orangery or extension is always warm, welcoming, and cosy.
Using the proven Classic glazed roof at its heart, an engineered framing system is added internally which is plastered to give a perimeter ceiling all the way round creating a look that is neither conservatory nor extension.
CHOICE OF CORNICES
A decorative cornice adds shape and style to any roofline, concealing gutters and rafter ends. Best of all there are 4 styles to choose from (1-tier flat cornice, 2-tier flat cornice, 3-tier flat cornice, curved cornice).
1, 2 & 3 tier flat cornices are available with 90° corners and straight jointers. The curved cornice includes a die cast 135° and 90° corner cover as well as straight jointers, which helps achieve a consistent fit and finish at critical junctions.
All cornices are available in a wide range of colours to match the specifications of your project.
Opening Roof Vents
A roof vent is one of the fastest ways of ventilating a conservatory during the warmest months of the year.
Roof vents are thermally broken to ensure optimum thermal performance and boasts a PVC welded frame to eliminate any chance of leaks.
Available on all of the Ultraframe and Quantal roofing systems with a choice of manual openers, electronic openers and electric openers with thermostat and rain sensor.
FIND OUT MORE >